Since you all must know, Sentai fanboys hate every Power Rangers season, but they find the Saban-Lynn era only somewhat decent. They also claim the seasons from Lost Galaxy to Wild Force were the best since they were perhaps most mature and faithful to their Sentai counterparts.
They don't even seem to realize that there are some good things in the first few series' of the franchise. Many see the Levy arc as an annoying fad as its best, but is it really?
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- A majority of non-Japanese fans will realize without the first Power Rangers season, we wouldn't know about Zyuranger and Super Sentai to begin with.
- MMPR may have been very overrated, but the popularity also inspired Saban and Levy to continue the PR franchise into Judd Lynn's years.
- Tokusatsu's reputation would probably be even worst without MMPR. Due to the failures of Saban's Masked Rider and The Big Bad Beetleborgs, MMPR actually brought Toku into America a success.
Power Rangers Zeo
- Ohranger was definitely not one of the best Sentai's ever. While Zeo proved to be quite decent, it may even prove just as good as Ohranger.
- Zeo kept the Zordon arc strong.
Power Rangers in Space
- Turbo and some elements in MMPR was probably the reason why many Sentai fans hated the Shuki Levy arc. Power Rangers in Space brought new and improved graphics and even an introduction to a new storyline within the Zordon arc.
- In Space led to the golden Judd Lynn era, and it fit in very well with Lost Galaxy.
- In Space was also very good. Not as good as Megaranger, but Megaranger was also not the most popular Sentai out there.
My reasoning may not be powerful enough, but we all have our reasons to show the Sentai fandom MMPR-PRiS was not bad. Besides, without the help of Levy, Lynn would have never taken over as executive of Saban Entertainment.
Hating on Disney and Kalish is JUSTIFIED (unless your talking RPM). But just remember, us Power Rangers fans must have a reason to share that Levy did not do a bad job with making the Power Rangers.
"Stop Super Sentai Severity! Protect the Power!"