Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saban's New Season, and using Goseiger



Well, I gotta say. Like everyone else, I was shocked to find out that Saban had taken back Power Rangers from Disney. I admit, I did feel a bit shaken about this, as I wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not. But after some thinking, I think I can safely say that this is indeed a great thing!

It is said that Saban took back Power Rangers, because he was disgusted with what Disney had done to Power Rangers. Particularly MMPR v2. Can't blame him, as his own work was being messed with and was being claimed as being a whole new show. But anyway, I must say, anything that can defeat Disney like that definitely deserves praise. And if Saban took back Power Rangers for those reasons, then that must mean that he truly does care about Power Rangers, and will try his best to make it a good show. So it's definitely much easier to look forward to the next season, rather than looking forward to check out the next "Sentai adaptation failure by Disney/Kalish."

I think Power Rangers can help Tokusatsu in many ways, if it stays good. For many, Power Rangers was the gateway to Sentai. Thus, the gateway to all of Toku. If Power Rangers has a good image, then things will get better for this genre.



To answer DancingAlienDude's question, I think Goseiger can be adapted into a fine Power Rangers season. Just as much as Shinkenger. I think the fact that Go-onger was adapted under Disney, into the awesome RPM shows that anything is possible. If Goseiger get's adapted, we'll most likely be getting those Dice-O cards imported over here. But will we get the Dice-O video game? I sure hope so! It looks like so much fun!

I also had this crazy idea that because it's Saban, why not try adapting both Shinkenger and Goseiger and turn them into a single show? Kind of like how he did it with MMPR. Just a thought for possible originality.

I would also like Saban to bring back team-ups. That's definitely one major element that Disney had lacking. Plus, I would really like it if Saban paid homage to Sentai, kind of like how Dino Thunder did it, but better. Heck, I would absolutely love it if both Power Rangers and Sentai did a team up! It would definitely help Toku out a lot! And I can definitely see this as a possibility more so than Power Rangers being under the hands of Disney.

Just thought but... I wonder which Sentai is Saban's favorite? That's another thing. I'd like some interviews done for once!

9 comments:

  1. It's hard or even impossible to do a Sentai-PR team up due to language being a barrier. For example, more people speak English than Japanese. Also, more Americans want to learn Chinese than Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind, Sean, that America holds the largest number of Otakus in the world (more than Japan). They'd probably love to see the American combining with the Japanese, whether it be kiddish Power Rangers or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The language barrier might be somewhat of an obstacle, but I don't think it would make it impossible to do a Sentai-PR team up. Roughly 12% of Japan's population speaks English and most of the recent Sentai shows have used English phrases. Actually, I think using a language barrier could make a team up more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Sentai actors wouldn't mind learning some English for a crossover. It's what I used to have in mind, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or perhaps having a Japanese American as one of the power rangers that could speak both languages, and act as a translator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as Goseiger is concerned. There is a campaign page on facebook for guys who are aiming to be the Red and the Black Rangers. I don't know what you all would think, but I think these guys would fit great! :) If you all have facebook pages you can vote 'Like' on there. Their names are Rich Coughlin and SynClair West. I'm really looking forward to this!

    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/I-want-to-see-Rich-Coughlin-and-SynClair-West-on-a-future-Ranger-team/104411982952461

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are going to release a series of videos on Youtube promoting their campaign as well. Here is one of them.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt79-ZO8QOk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it would be awesome for the power rangers and the Super Sentai to team up in order to explain the other sentai rangers (Go rangers to Jetman)that came out before mighty morphen for gokaigers in two years

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theres this awesome guy i saw in facebook i saw he was promoting a campign for the part as the Black Gosei Ranger if the show is adapted to the US, he has acting and Martial Arts experience, and he has videos on youtube. i personally think this guy would make an awesom Black ranger he looks perfect, he has talked to iris hampton the casting director of power rangers and he has sponsors, and if he gets enough likes on his facebook page he could get the part as the Black ranger! im definetly supporting him and yall should to, i would rather see a real martial artist and actor than some model like some of the power rangers samuria cast are. go check him out and like his page spread the word about this guy, i definetly wanna see him get the part. heres the link to his page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-want-to-see-Tyren-Mallory-as-the-Black-Gosei-Ranger/210067319005112

    ReplyDelete