Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are Children The BIGGEST Source of Sentai Fans-PR Fans Wars?

Can't help but use a picture of Justin, hee hee.

As a co-author of this blog, I got this comment from its former administrator only known as DancingAlienDude (can't blame him for not fully showing his true identity like I am only using a pen name, I want privacy!):

I will tell you one thing, Sean. There are a lot more little kids where that came from. Whether they be Sentai or PR fanboys, we'll never stop them.


If we can all make blogs involving creating peace between the shows, we'll put an end to them soon.

Yup that's true. Based on my experience as a child, I can remember how I insist something is better and a fight starts because of it. Remember a little fire can destroy an entire forest. Super Sentai fans and Power Rangers fans who were usually children fought to which is better. Children are easily carried away into useless battles (that's why I call war freaks childish) like this and with children having Internet knowledge, I guess they're a major pain. And right, most of these are surrounded by cultural biases and colonial mentality.

Like how? For example, in the Philippines, Filipino children (REGARDLESS of ethnicity) tend to think that if its imported especially if its American it's better when it's NOT always true. Or another is biases against the West taught to Oriental children by their parents, which of course becomes another source of fanboy quarrels.

Another area of this can be explored with children judging everything by one's natural looks, not by the content. That is, a child can only choose to watch either of the other because of a pretier Sentai/PR babe. Hmmm... I have to admit I'm pretty childish to watch Power Rangers and Super Sentai for the pretty girls! Pretty characters DO NOT make a good script if they can't execute their parts properly.

Hmmm... reminds me of just how much like Takeru/Red Mask I was a child writing this!

1 comment:

  1. I was six (in 2009) when I fell in love with BoukenPink. And now, I've still got a folder with loads and loads of pictures of her. Good you mentioned that!

    ReplyDelete