Monday, July 5, 2010

Why I Think Some Power Rangers Fans Also Like Super Sentai

So far, there are those who like one more over the other and those who like both equally. Why do I think this happens? Well here are some reasons I think are true to why Power Rangers fans would check out Super Sentai even if some of them still like Power Rangers better:

It's probably a matter of curiosity. Some Power Rangers fans want to find out what was franchised in order to create Power Rangers. I think culture is included although Japan is a very mixed culture these days. Just notice most Super Sentai themes are mostly adaptable to the U.S.

I think it also has to do with a likable cast of Sentai's rangers that may have brought them in as well. For me, I think some past Power Rangers characters nostalgia can happen in newer Sentai.

I think it has to do with the fact that Super Sentai usually has more action than Power Rangers.

I think it also has to do with wacky humor present which is properly mixed. In Sentai, idiotic characters exist within the rangers. So I kind of had the habit of comparing some idiots in Super Sentai to Skull in MMPR and Daimugen to Bulk.

Compared to the first four seasons of Power Rangers, Super Sentai came to a full circle close more often, which I believe led to the end of the Zordon arc due to some changes. Can't help but use Barza's picture for this. :-P

Maybe with the music. Are these PR fans who like Super Sentai also fond of karaoke? I am.

Or maybe it has to do with the more dramatic mood of the show. I guess the deaths in Super Sentai is a contributing factor to why some PR-Sentai fans like Power Rangers more.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your 2nd reason the most. The newer Sentai had great portraits of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I'd say Boukenger did the best.

    ReplyDelete